1. Consider the following questions regarding teaching in the 21st century:What skills are required in order to function and contribute in an accelerated environment?
3. Consider technology integration on a continuum: think, pair, share on what this looks like (where’s the evidence).
- Substitution: the computer substitutes for another technological tool, without a significant change in the tool’s function.
- Augmentation: the computer replaces another technological tool, with significant functionality increase.
- Modification: the computer allows for the redesign of significant portions of a task to be executed.
- Redefinition: the computer allows for the creation of new tasks, inconceivable without the computer.
4. Social Media in the Classroom — EDMODO.com
- Core Features
- Screen Shot
|Image made from Awesomescreenshot|
You are invited to join the RIS Teachers Lounge — you need this code: be9cyw
Review of Edmodo From March 31st 2011
1. Blogging as performance – ELA, Humanities, & Social Sciences/Math, Science
2. Websites & Information Literacy – Find information and verify it’s accuracy
Tools to help create your online classroom:
Diigo or Delicious Google Docs, CalendarRSS Feedsu
This is a job description from two weeks ago. What skills are they desiring from the applicants?